Friday, August 21, 2009

I always wait until the very last minute to get on the plane so that (god willing) by the time I am walking down the aisle (so to speak), everyone else has already dealt with getting their shit put away and I can stroll peacefully to my seat relatively close to the time that we actually take off.  What I did not take into account this time around is that it would be the first time that i've ever had to use the overhead bin (I usually insist on keeping everything as close to me as humanly possible, but since I packed for an 11 month trip, the 30+ pound carry-on bag plus backpack would not all fit under my seat).  The result was basically me frantic and red in the face (it was really hot), shuffling books/pens/paper out of my 30+ pound carry-on and into my backpack (which I would continue to do periodically throughout the flight) so that I had plenty of options for entertainment at my fingertips (this is very important to me when flying), then struggling to get the 30+ pound carry-on into the overhead bin all while being watched by a very full and very silent airplane.  When I finally sat down, I felt altogether overheated, but relieved.  
...And here is where I rant about how wonderful Lufthansa Airlines is because they serve free alcoholic beverages for the full length and breadth of the flight.  That's right folks.  Not only can you order free drinks of your choice, but then the lovely crew members walk down the aisles and offer you red or white wine periodically, and then they offer you a choice of cognac or bailey's after your meal!  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that all airlines do this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment