Friday, August 21, 2009

Well I made it to Barcelona.  It's officially my first day here and I have successfully wandered the neighborhood around my hotel for the majority of the day.  It is incredibly too hot.  It seems like bulk of the population of Europe is currently vacationing in Barcelona.  The reason for this feeling is that the location of my hotel (where I am staying until the language program begins tomorrow) is the Gran Via de Les Corts Catalanes AKA the main street with all of the shit on it that everyone wants to visit.  Actually, it's a good place to be because I was able to find everything I could possibly need and more rather quickly.  What's interesting is that if you leave the main drag in either direction, the crowd thins to nearly deserted within a block or two.  

I saw two Gaudi buildings (as shown above).

I ate figs, drank delicious espresso, and (if I can get over my phobia of chlorinated bodies of water) I might go for a dip in the pool before too long.  Adeu!
 

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra Jane, Just read your blog and it is great. We will check it often. Love, Grammie & Granddad.

    ReplyDelete