Friday, August 21, 2009

So about 5 hours into the flight (it was 10 hours total), a small disaster struck.  I woke up delirious and in need of water.  So, naturally, I grabbed my kleen kanteen and took a big slug.... apparently a bad idea.  I immediately felt nauseous and decided that I must get to the bathroom as efficiently as possible.  Well I never made it into the bathroom per-se.  Yep.  You Guessed it.  I fainted.  Right in front of the bathroom (well actually it was right in front of the stairway leading down to the bathrooms.  Yeah that's right... Lufthansa's bathrooms are on a completely different level than where people sit.  How civilized.)  Anyway, so I come too with about 10 German crew members in my face, kind of smacking me around to wake me up.  It was all very dramatic and uncomfortable.
However, the good thing about fainting on an airplane is this (rant #2 about why Lufthansa is so great):  The flight attendants all feel really bad about the fact that you've collapsed mid-flight with 5 hours to go so they make you a little bed on the floor in the back of the plane and let you lay down until you feel better.  That said, I do not necessarily recommend fainting purely for the benefits of a horizontal resting position.  Overall, it was very awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment